PIKEVILLE – Law enforcement officials spread out across Pike County on Tuesday, November 27, in an effort to arrest 15 individuals suspected of drug trafficking.
The roundup culminated undercover investigations spanning about one year.
“Most of our cases were initiated through citizen tips and subsequent follow-up investigation,” said Keith Napier, Big Sandy Task Force Manager for Operation UNITE. “We were able to purchase a variety of drugs – primarily Oxycodone, Hydrocodone and cocaine.”
Napier said two teams of officers from UNITE, the Elkhorn City Police Department, Kentucky State Police and the London DEA field office spread out to serve warrants.
“We know that several suspects learned about the operation and fled across the state line into West Virginia,” Napier noted about 2 p.m. Tuesday. “We are continuing to search for other individuals and expect additional arrests soon.”
Those who have been arrested are:
• Ricky D. Johnson, Sr., 64, Dorton Jenkins Highway, Jenkins, two counts first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
• Michael A. Martin, 27, Highway 292, Aflex, one count first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
• Jody Scott, 41, Little Hackneys Creek, Mouthcard, four counts first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
• Jonna Kristina Slone, 32, South Levisa Road, arrested in court November 14, one count first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
• Dennis R. Stiltner, 48, Big Hackney Road, Mouthcard, second-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
Those arrested were lodged in the Pike County Detention Center.