Morgan County UNITE Coalition
Noon on the 1st Wednesday of each month at the Morgan County Community Center, 450 Prestonsburg Street, West Liberty.
450 Prestonsburg Street, West Liberty, KY 41472.
UNITE Coalition Coordinator
Carl Varney – firstname.lastname@example.org, 606-330-1406 (work), 606-594-8144 (cell)
- Chair – Jamie Brunk, 606-743-3519, email@example.com
- Secretary – Esther Cain, 606-743-3518, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Court Watch/Judicial Review – Carol Sue Adkins, 606-743-4128
- Education – Carolyn Bishop, 606-743-8352, 606-522-8152, email@example.com
- Faith-based – Mike Lindon, Morgan County Ministerial Association, 606-743-7202
- Family Support – Morgan County Ministerial Association
- Grant Writing – Irene Jenkins, 606-743-4169
- Medical Advisory – Michelle Whitt, 606-743-3186 x270
- Neighbors UNITED – Sharon Tharp, 606-743-7163 (h), 606-743-2887 (w), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Narcotics Anonymous – Paul Casteel, 606-743-4356
- Youth Activities – Belinda Jordan or Joann Howard, Morgan County Community Center, 606-743-4995
A Narcotics Anonymous support group meets every Monday at 6 p.m. at the Christian Church in West Liberty. For information call Paul Casteel at 606-743-4356 or email@example.com.
Morgan County News
Operation UNITE is one of hundreds of nonprofit organizations across Kentucky participating in the third annual Kentucky Gives online fundraising event on Tuesday, December 1. UNITE’s focus for this year’s Kentucky Gives event is to raise funds for youth prevention and education initiatives – specifically Camp UNITE, school anti-drug UNITE Clubs, and the “On The Move!” mobile education...Read More
A total of 162 people attended six regional roundtables for representatives of UNITE Community Coalitions during October 2015. The roundtables were conducted in London, Somerset, Beattyville, Grayson, Prestonsburg and Hazard. To view photos from the roundtables click on name of the city. The roundtables were designed to let coalitions – many of which have new officers and members –...Read More
WILLIAMSBURG – Throughout the week, participants in the 9th annual Camp UNITE engaged in fun activities designed to develop leadership and communication skills, promote teamwork and problem solving, instill confidence and trust, and let youth know they do not have to face difficult situations on their own. The underlying theme to camp – there is “Hope In Action” by remaining free from...Read More
America’s drug czar will help Operation UNITE recognize and “Celebrate Successes in Prevention and Education” throughout southern and eastern Kentucky at a luncheon on Tuesday, May 5. Michael Botticelli, director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), will join Kentucky’s Fifth District Congressman Harold “Hal” Rogers and Wendy Spencer, CEO of the...Read More
Five free regional Shoot Hoops Not Drugs basketball camps conducted by former University of Kentucky all-star Jeff Sheppard will be offered by Operation UNITE this summer. All school-age youth are invited to participate in any of the camps, to be held at the following dates and locations: • Monday, June 8, at Magoffin County High School in Salyersville. • Tuesday, June 9, at Prestonsburg...Read More