“I Am UNITE” Scholarships
“I Am UNITE” Scholarships provide high school seniors with $1,500 to be used for post-secondary education expenses. Funding for these scholarships comes from private, tax-deductible donations to UNITE.
These scholarships honor youth – whom we call UNITE Ambassadors – who have excelled not only during their senior year, but throughout much of their undergraduate careers by being champions for anti-drug efforts within their schools and communities. Recipients have provided peer mentorship, leadership, and community service; they serve as an inspiration to others. They are making a difference as a “Voice of Hope.”
The “I Am UNITE” Scholarship program was created in the spring of 2013.
Through the 2022-23 school year, UNITE has awarded 243 scholarships to seniors in its service region worth $364,500.
To be eligible for an “I Am UNITE” Scholarship, high school seniors must:
- Complete and sign an application (available February 2024).
- Be a member of their school’s UNITE Club; have attended Camp UNITE as a camper, Junior Team Leader, or Team Leader; and/or who have been directly impacted by substance misuse or that of a family member.
- Attend school within UNITE’s 32-county service region.
- Submit a typed Essay of 500 words or less detailing how they exemplify the theme “I Am UNITE.”
- Have a GPA of 2.75 unweighted, or 3.75 weighted.
- Provide two letters of recommendation (one from a school employee and one from a community member).
- Provide a copy of their unofficial high school transcript.