Vaping & E-cigarettes
Vaping is a growing public health issue in the United States. “Vaping: A Safe Alternative to Smoking or an Addiction Epidemic?” is an education program. The presentation is tailored for both youth (middle and high school students) and the community (parents/guardians, caregivers, and educators.)
Nationwide, about 1 in 4 high school students and 10% of middle school students in 2019 reported current use of electronic cigarettes based on nationally representative survey data from U.S. students in grades six to 12. (2019 National Youth Tobacco Survey)
This program is designed to give parents, caregivers, teachers and others who are around children in their lives the facts about these products. In addition, the presentation discusses some of the unknowns, and speaks to the potential dangers from using electronic cigarettes.
This hour-long presentation will cover topics such as:
- The number of people using these products
- An explanation about what an E-cigarette is and how it works
- The process of creating the vapor
- A look at what chemicals are being inhaled
- Effects of E-cigarettes on the brain
- To learn more or to schedule the presentation, contact Carl Varney at email@example.com or 606-330-1406.
"The Truth Can Get Clouded"
Copyright Steve Sack, Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Used with permission.