Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit
The Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit is where solutions are formulated, stakeholders from Federal to family convene, and change begins. It is the most influential annual gathering for stakeholders to discuss what is working in prevention, treatment, and law enforcement.
Rx Summit will be Virtual
April 5-8, 2021
We’re removing the barriers of travel and uncertainty to make Rx Summit education more accessible to you. In a time where “what’s next” is unknown, one thing is sure – we must come together to formulate solutions.
Join us for the most influential annual conference addressing the worsening opioid and addiction crisis. This year’s dynamic, comprehensive conference was created specifically for you:
- World-renowned speakers leading the discussions
- 4 Days of live education and networking
- 75+ Sessions led by multi-disciplinary experts
- 8 Educational topics to choose from
- Complimentary access to session recordings on-demand for 60 days
2020 Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit
“The same power, the same drive that prompted you to be a part of the solution – to beat back the opioid epidemic, to save lives, and bring illegal drug dealers to justice – it’s that same victorious spirit that will carry this nation through the coronavirus pandemic.”
– Congressman Hal Rogers (KY-5th)
Stories from the 2020 Virtual Summit
- What should overdose response teams offer? Ask drug users (4-17-20)
- Researchers: Hope is on the horizon (4-16-20)
- State attorney tunes out ‘Florida shuffle’ scheme (4-16-20)
- Peers enhance referral to treatment in emergency departments (4-16-20)
- HHS official: ‘Fourth wave’ looms in drug crisis (4-15-20)
- Community pharmacies: Help or hindrance to Buprenorphine access? (4-15-20)
- Congress must continue efforts on opioid crisis, representatives say (4-15-20)
- Addressing addiction amid the COVID-19 pandemic (4-14-20)
- Push for medication treatment in jails grows stronger (4-14-20)
- Helping overdose survivors often means meeting basic needs (4-14-20)
- Opioid alternatives, technology help vets manage pain (4-14-20)
- A message from Congressman Hal Rogers (4-14-20)
- Nancy Hale: Create hope where you are (4-14-20)
- Welcome message from Doug Edwards (4-14-20)
- Rx Summit to continue as virtual experience, (3-25-20)
The 2020 Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit took place as a virtual experience April 14-16, 2020 because of the travel and social gathering restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 global pandemic.
With 12 different educational tracks and over 150 national expert speakers, the Virtual Experience provided participants the same caliber of content you’ve come to expect from the Rx Summit. There were 50 exhibitors showcased in the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
A reminder: Participants have up to one year to view sessions and to claim Continuing Education credits.
What goes on is Hope
Welcome to virtual Summit
UNITE President & CEO Nancy Hale addressed participants of the 2020 Virtual Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit on April 14.
“By helping each other gain knowledge about emerging threats and best practices, you are creating hope where you are,” Hale said. “Community by community, we will win this battle because we are stronger together.”
About the Rx Summit
The Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit is the largest collaboration of professionals and advocates who have been impacted by Rx opioid abuse/diversion and heroin use.
Attendees should include: Counselors, social workers, therapists, psychologists, and interventionists; physicians, psychiatrists, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists; advocates, families, and people in recovery; law enforcement personnel; public health and prevention officials; federal, state, and local officials, and lawmakers; education specialists and researchers; treatment center owners and operators; attorneys; first responders; and business leaders.
Through this type of collaboration, your work can be more impactful in bringing solutions to this issue that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) declared a public health crisis in 2012.
Photo from a Plenary session at the 2019 Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit in Atlanta, GA