Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit
The Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit is where solutions are formulated, stakeholders from Federal to family convene, and change begins. It is the annual gathering for stakeholders to discuss what is working in prevention, treatment, and law enforcement.
UPDATE 3-25-20: Rx Summit to continue as virtual experience, April 14-16.
The 2020 Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit will take place as a virtual experience on April 14-16, 2020. The Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit is the largest collaboration of professionals and advocates who have been impacted by Rx opioid abuse/diversion and heroin use.
Attendees should include: Counselors, social workers, therapists, psychologists, and interventionists; physicians, psychiatrists, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists; advocates, families, and people in recovery; law enforcement personnel; public health and prevention officials; federal, state, and local officials, and lawmakers; education specialists and researchers; treatment center owners and operators; attorneys; first responders; and business leaders.
Through this type of collaboration, your work can be more impactful in bringing solutions to this issue that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) declared a public health crisis in 2012.
2019 Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit
More than 3,500 people – representing all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, four Canadian provinces, Iceland, Turkey and the United Kingdom – attended the eighth annual Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit, held April 22-25, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency hotel in downtown Atlanta.
For four days, attendees shared strategies with decision-makers and allied professionals, embraced innovation, and learned about what is working in prevention, treatment, and law enforcement. The Rx Summit featured more than 300 faculty members.
- Release: Rx Summit: ‘A powerful four days’
- Release: President, First Lady address Rx Summit
- Release: Health, science take center stage
- Release: Five Members of Congress lead bipartisan charge for more life-saving solutions
- Video: 2019 Rx Summit day 2, 4-23-19
- WYMT – Kentucky well represented at the 2019 RX Drug Abuse and Heroin Summit, 4-23-19
- WYMT – The University of Kentucky highlights work at First Bridge Clinic, 4-23-19
- WYMT – Some numbers are dropping but work is not done in reducing opioid-related deaths, 4-23-19
- WYMT – Bringing a solution to infectious diseases due to opioid use, 4-23-19
- Video: Nancy Hale discusses Rx Summit with Atlanta’s WJCL TV, 4-23-19
- Release: Eadie receives Hal Rogers Beacon of Hope Award
- WYMT – President Trump to speak at Rx Summit, 4-23-19
- Video: 2019 Rx Summit begins, 4-22-19
- Release: Rogers leads nation’s largest movement to address opioid epidemic
- Release: Summit opens with record attendance
- Release: President Trump, First Lady to speak at Rx Summit