Created by the UNITE Foundation, “I Am UNITE” Scholarships provide high school seniors $1,500 to be used for post-secondary education expenses. Funding for these scholarships come from proceeds of the National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit.
During the past four years the Operation UNITE Foundation has awarded 89 scholarships.
To be eligible for an “I Am UNITE” Scholarship, high school seniors must:
- Complete a signed application no later than Friday, March 17, 2017.
- Be a member of their school’s UNITE Club and/or have attended Camp UNITE as a camper, Junior Team Leader, or Team Leader.
- Attend school within UNITE’s 32-county service region.
- Submit a typed Essay of 500 words or less detailing how they exemplify the theme “I Am UNITE.”
- Have a GPA of 2.75 unweighted, or 3.75 weighted.
- Provide two letters of recommendation (one from a school employee and one from a community member).
- Provide a copy of their unofficial high school transcript.
- To see a list of recipients for the 2015-16 school year click here.
- To view photos of the 2016 scholarship presentations click here.
- To see a list of recipients for the 2014-15 school year click here.
- To view photos from the 2015 Scholarship Awards Dinner click here.