The White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) is offering a four-part series of FREE workshops. The new series, entitled Empowering Faith Leaders to Help Persons with Substance Use Disorder, is targeted to the prevention of, understanding treatment for, and providing support to those in recovery for substance use disorders.
The first workshop – Substance Use Disorder and the Pandemic in Rural Communities – will be conducted on Tuesday, December 8, 2020, from 1 pm to 2:30 pm (EST).
Registration takes only a few minutes. To register for this workshop:
- RSVP Betty-Ann Bryce at MBX.ONDCP.RuralAffairs@ondcp.eop.gov.
- Include your name, title, organization, and contact information.
- Once registered, you will receive details on how to join the event closer to the event date.
- RSVP early as space is limited.
Other workshops slated to be offered in early 2021, will cover:
- Prevention Education and Connecting Faith to Prevention
- Understanding Treatment and Connecting Faith to Treatment
- Supporting Recovery and Connecting Faith to Recovery
These workshops will provide valuable information and resources to those of us in rural communities involved with prevention, treatment, and recovery initiatives for those with substance use disorders.